Farm Film Festival 2018 – International Festival of Short Films
Move! Do Something: People and Places that are changing the world
23-26 August Farm Cultural Park, Favara
CALL FOR ENTRY
“Move! Do something: People and Places That are changing the world “is a great Farm Cultural Park project. Through performances, artists in residence, talks and workshops it will engage, connect and relate the People and Places that are changing the world. In the first festival’s edition there was over 450 film in pre-selection by 51 country in the World.
The third edition of “Move! Do something: People and Places That are changing the world “- Farm Film Festival 2018 – International Festival of short films is aimed at producing short films capable of telling, with umpredictable language,exciting and engaging” stories of change “.
Move! Do somenthing: “shake it up”,”get moving” (in Italian datti una mossa) is an incitement to activism, to the desire to play a leading role in beautiful stories of lasting and sustainable territorial development, including the creation of independent cultural centers such as the Farm Cultural Park.
Our goal is not only to raise awareness of those people and places that are rethinking our future, but also to promote proactive behavior against the transformation of our society.
The Farm Film Festival 2018 will take place in the third week of August from 23 to 26, 2018 at Farm Cultural Park – Favara
Deadline for entries: 31 May 2018 at 23:59 hours
CATEGORIES OF SELECTED WORKS
The categories selected for the festival are seven, just like the number of courtyards involved during the period of the Festival. The different themes will give more space to many more artists within the festival. We only accept works created since 1 January 2016.
The categories are as follows:
- Short on any subject (Short Farm): section dedicated to short films that tell fiction films or videos with no limits of styles, genres and techniques. The maximum duration will be of 20 ‘including the opening credits and tail.
- Short theme (Social Short Farm): This section is dedicated to the theme that gives its name to the Festival: People or places that are changing the world.
The maximum duration of the works will be 20 ‘including opening titles and credits.
- Short theme (Creative Short Farm): This section is dedicated to the story of the life and work of an Artist, Architect or otherwise of a creative or a group of Creatives.
The selected works must have a maximum duration of 20 ‘including opening titles and credits.
- Short-documentary (Docu-Farm): Section dedicated to the authors who devote their art to documentary language, with open minds of styles, genres and techniques. The maximum duration will be of 20 ‘including opening titles and credits.
- Videoclip (Farm clips): section dedicated to artists and filmmakers who make music videos, a film language very different from the other sections. This space will give space both authors presented to the band. The maximum duration will be 6 ‘including opening titles and credits.
- Farm Animation: Section dedicated to all the short films made with the technique of animation. Every issue and every kind of story within the parameters provided that it is told with animation. The maximum duration of the works will be 10 ‘includingopening titles and credits.
- Fast & Short: Section dedicated to all independent artists and amateurs who know how to develop a story with any topic in just 90 ” (credits excluded). We also accepts works made with alternative devices such as smartphones, smartcams, tablets etc… There are no limits to itechnical devices and themes.
Short Farm (Trophy + Residence at Farm Cultural Park in 2019)
Social Short Farm (Trophy + Residence at Farm Cultural Park in 2019)
Creative Short Farm (Trophy + Residence at Farm Cultural Park in 2019)
Docu-Farm (Trophy + Residence at Farm Cultural Park in 2019)
Farm clip (Trophy + Residence at Farm Cultural Park in 2019)
Farm Animation (Trophy + Residence at Farm Cultural Park in 2019)
Fast & Short (Trophy + Residence at Farm Cultural Park in 2019)
Farm Cultural Park Award for Best Film ever among all the categories.
(1,000 EUR + residence at Farm Cultural Park in 2019)
There will also be special mentions awarded and motivated by the Jury for:
Best Director, Best Screenplay, Best Cinematography, Best Editor, Best Actor, Best Actress, Best Soundtrack
All entries must be received no later than the expiration date, May 31, 2018 at 23:59
Entry fee is €5 for each work and can be made through paypal or bank.
IBAN: IT63O0347501605CC0011193364 – Marco Gallo
ENTRY RULES/ JURY
Each participant can enter up to 5 works.
Works for pre-selection must be submitted exclusively through specific platforms: FilmFreeway, Festhome, Clickforfestival, or through email to email@example.com.
Using the e-mail you can send a downloadable private or public Youtube/ Vimeo link or send the file in Full HD (1920×1080) via WeTransfer.
Whether you submit through the Festival website or by email, a completed and signed Application Form for each work must be sent by email.
Registration is not valid if the Festival board does not receive both the payment and the Application form. Farm Cultural Park disclaims any liability for copyright infringements in works submitted by participants, for the reproduction of shorts containing material covered by copyright and rights not paid to SIAE or any copyright holder.
By signing the disclaimer, all liability falls on the author \ director \ producer.
A jury made up of journalists, audio-visual professionals will express their preference for the winner of each category. The jury also reserves the right to assign any special mentions and ex aequo prizes.
Movies with text in a foreign language must have subtitles in Italian or English, except for the category Farm Clip.
Inlcuding two pictures or a poster representative of the submitted work is appreciated when you sent the email with Application Form for free use in the promotion of the Festival
Each author, signing the disclaimer, gives the consent to the use of some images of their works for the promotion of the Festival. The films will become part of the archive of the Farm Film Festival. However Farm Cultural Park is committed to use them to promote the festival for cultural purposes only and under no circumstances commercial.
Finalists will be contacted by the Festival by phone or email.
The works and the names of the selected authors will also be published in the Official pages of social networks and on the website www.farmfilmfestival.it. The winners or their representatives, if unable to attend the event, can receive it by paying shipping charges.
After the entry deadline we will give you information on accommodation available in the area and special rates for participants to the Festival. The management will be closely monitoring the travel arrangements for the finalists. Each artist will have the opportunity to show-case his work in a dedicated press conference before the public evening screening. This presentation will then be published on our channels.
The registration and participation in the Festival imply the complete acceptance of this regulation and the registration form. For each exception not envisaged in this Regulation, the management reserves the right to take final decisions.
For more information please contact us: firstname.lastname@example.org